Friday, May 7, 2010

Last Post from London

I know it's been a long time since I last posted, and that's largely because I've been getting ready to leave. I'm on the train to the airport now, about to head to Spain. The past few weeks have been fun, I won't go in to a ton of detail now but the highlights:

-I went to see Hair and one of the actors came through the seats and laid his head on my bosom. Also, we got to dance on stage.

-Jason got stranded in Italy and then returned after 3 days on trains

- I had finals and finished my internship and said goodbye to all my IES friends, then I moved into Jason's room/closet.

-Went to Pappa Ciccia and the Clapham Grand to celebrate Sarah's 21st

-I saw Phantom of the Opera

-Jason and I went to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum....my favorite place in London when I visited when I was 12.

-Jason and I took a daytrip to Brussels, Belgium and ate our way through the city

- I went and saw Gorillaz at the Roundhouse and it was absolutely epic

- Jason and I went to Borough Market, ate our way through that as well

-I went to the Camden Crawl (the music festival that I helped plan for my internship)

-I rode the London Eye after staring at it out my window for an entire semester.

I think that's most of the exciting stuff!

But anyway, Jason and I spent our last night in London eating at Moti Mahal and then walking through Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, and Piccadilly Circus. Dinner was great and it was nice to see those places again before leaving. And now I'm sitting on the train to Stansted Airport eating my last Bens Cookie of the semester and feeling glad that I chose to come to London and spend it the way I did. While I might have liked to be a little bit healthier (my hacking cough is back..greeeat) I have absolutely no regrets about the semester except maybe that I didn't see War Horse. So anyway, that's about it. I thought I should have one last post in London before heading to Spain for the next two weeks, so I apologize for the brevity but just wanted to check in.

The next post will be from SPAIN!!!







 





No comments:

Post a Comment